Frequently Asked Questions
Lifestyle and philosophical questions. The Questions You May Have page deals with a wide range of situations you may identity with or have questions about, including sexuality and sexual orientation, abortion, abuse, addictions and dependency, atheism and questions about religion.
Other pages already on the site may deal with other common questions. Note that some questions pose what we feel are misconceptions, or correct perceptions of the failure of many Christians or the church to be faithful to biblical precepts. Therefore, the responses present what we believe God has revealed (through the world He created and through His Word—The Bible) as the correct understanding and the ideal practice.
- What happens when I die? I know there are "near death" reports that sound fantastic, but I just can't believe there is anything beyond this life.
See: "The Invitation" video series, God's Promises, About how a person gets to Heaven, Judgment and Eternal Life, and Seeking God
- How can I have a relationship with God?
See: "The Invitation" video series, God's Promises, Judgment and Eternal Life, and Seeking God
- Why do you make Jesus so exclusive? Aren't there many ways to God and heaven (if, in fact, there is life after death)?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About Jesus Christ), Doctrinal Statement (About how a person get to Heaven), "The Invitation" video series, God's Promises, Judgment and Eternal Life, Religion and Seeking God
- Isn't the Holy Spirit just an ancient idea that can't be explained today?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About the Holy Spirit)
- Why is the Bible so important to you when it seems so irrelevant today?
See: Founding Principles, Doctrinal Statement (the Bible) and Where Do We Come From?
- Why is the church today so out of touch with my needs?
See: Response to Our Culture and Life in the Church, and and What About Your Experience with Church?
- Why is the church today so out of touch with the culture in which we live?
See: Founding Principles and Ron Teed's message "How Can Prayer Affect Our Culture?" (pdf document), Life in the Church and The Great Divide
- I know the Bible is important, but where do I go for instruction?
See: Founding Principles, Teed Commentaries
- How can you say that humans were created by God when science (and common sense) say we're just the highest form of animal life that evolved over a long period of time?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About human beings)
- Most Christian I know are so hypocritical, so why should I even bother?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About the Christian life) and Life in the Church
- How can Christians be so intolerant of people who are different than themselves, especially when they call them "sinners"?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About people's equality before God), Equality of Gender and Race
- What makes you think the church is so special when it has been responsible for so much cruelty and intolerance over the years?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About the church), Religion and Where Do We Come From?
- Some Christians are fanatical about "the end times." What do you believe?
See: Doctrinal Statement (About the end times)
If you have a question that is not addressed through any of the above resources, use the Contact Us form and we will respond as quickly as possible. The most asked questions will be added to this page.
More from the Seeking God section:
Helpful Sites |