Our Commitment to You
Click on a Bible passage reference to read it on BibleGateway.com (in a new window or tab)
God presented the Israelites with Ten Commandments for living that still hold true to this day. I would like to suggest we use that same number (ten), which represents completeness in the Old Testament, to establish ten commitments for a church to adhere to in order to serve Christ faithfully:
- Commitment to teach the Word of God as written in the Bible.
- Commitment to the doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 1:17).
- Commitment to equality regarding color, gender, age, and nationality.
- Commitment to pursue a biblical lifestyle.
- Commitment to serve the poor and needy.
- Commitment to making time available for questions regarding scripture.
- Commitment to daily Bible teaching and to helping each individual develop basic skills to interpret scripture on their own.
- Commitment to small group study, prayer, and fellowship.
- Commitment by church leadership to prayer and to establish a twenty-four hour prayer Chain.
- Commitment to open discussion and sharing with those having differing religious views.
More about You and Village Church:
Questions You May Have |
Your Church Experience |