This section contains a number of informational and educational papers, all of which explain the Christian faith as understood and practiced by Village Church of Wheaton. Before diving into the details, though, it is marvelous to reflect on the simple truth of God's promise of salvation, which provides the foundation to everything else we believe.
The promises that God has made to each of us through the Bible are worth more by far than any fortune we could accumulate here on earth. We only suggest you give God an opportunity to speak to you through His word. You really have nothing to lose and maybe you'll find what you've been looking for. Just listen to the Word of God as spoken in the Bible (to you):
Click on the Bible passage reference to read it on BibleGateway.com (in a new window or tab)
- Anyone who believes in Jesus will have eternal life. For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- All who trust in Jesus to save them have eternal life; those who don't believe and obey Him shall never see heaven.
- Because of His (God's) kindness you have been saved by trusting Christ. Salvation is not a reward for the good we've done, it is a gift from God.
- It is my Father's will that everyone who believes in His Son should have eternal life.
- My purpose is to give life in all its Fullness.
- In Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins! Everyone who trusts in Him is freed from all guilt and declared righteous.
What else we believe:
Equality of Gender/Race |
Judgment/Eternal Life |
The Church |
The Great Divide |